2019-20 Young Athena Leadership Program
The Young ATHENA Leadership Program offers young women, in grades 9 through 12, an opportunity to develop leadership skills using eight unique principles, training, workshops, and service learning activities. Six young women, juniors and seniors will be selected from PHASE I to move on to PHASE II.
ALL 2019-20 Young Athena participants MUST be able to commit to the following events:
- Young ATHENA Leadership, ELEVATE MY VOICE training: DATE TBD Day one the eight ATHENA Leadership principles will be presented and discussed. Day two will include leadership development workshops.
- Young ATHENA Interview: Each participant will be interviewed by the President of ATHENA Valley of the Sun to identify other examples of leadership within the participant’s school and the leadership principle she best aligns with. Interviews will take place through Zoom.us. video conferencing.
Six Young Athena (YA) leaders will be selected from the junior and senior participants in Phase I to be named the Young ATHENA representing one of the ATHENA leadership principles. They will be recognized at the 2020 ATHENA Valley of the Sun ATHENA AWARDS luncheon.
- Participate in monthly leadership meetings.
- Develop a 30 second ELEVATE MY VOICE leadership statements to be video taped
- During the ATHENA AWARDS, the Young ATHENA’s will facilitate the panel discussion and present the HAIL Award to the recipients.
- Be mentored by an ATHENA HAIL Award Recipient for a minimum of three times over six months.
Upon SELECTION – The six 2019-20 Young Athena participants MUST be able to commit to attending the following Phase II events:
- Taped Interview Session in October.
- Practice ATHENA HAIL Award presentation walkthrough (Time/Location TBD).
- 2020 AVOS ATHENA Awards Luncheon in spring of 2020. (Time/ Location TBD).
If you need to stop and return to the application at a later time, use the Save and Continue Later at the bottom of this form.