Mariaon Douglas provided unique insight into the importance of trust and boundaries in our relationships. Conversations are important in building trust, setting boundaries and strengthening relationships.
- Be honest with yourself and your relationship
- Use grace, don’t assume the worst when a person breaks trust-consider if there is enough value to work on the relationship
- Relationships are like an investment portfolio-some are cheap, some are expensive and some take awhile to see the dividends. We need to evaluate both from time to time
- Set boundaries as you establish relationships-if you know what the boundaries are then you know when they have been crossed
- Not everyone is fit to be in a relationship with you
- Believing in yourself is one of the most important foundations for feeling confident in setting boundaries.
- Boundaries are to stand on or to stand for, but not to stand behind
- Boundaries are not laws-when trust is broken communication might be the solution
What boundary will you set? How will you strengthen your relationships?