Mentor Responsibilities once accepted
- Attend the kick-off event at ASU-Tempe Campus August 21 from 1-3:30pm
- Attend a mentor training session prior to start up; one check-in mid program and the majority of the monthly trainings for the program attendees.
Dates: Fridays 1-3pm: August 21; September 18; October 16; November 20; January 15; February 19; March 19; April 16
- Meet with mentees* minimum once per month either in person or virtually.
Mentor Requirements- Please review before you apply:
- Athena VOS Member 2020-2021
- Working knowledge of the Athena Leadership Principles
- Committed to supporting college women in their personal leadership development
- Able to donate your time (~30 hours) over the 2020-2021 academic year including attending at least 1/3 of the mentee leadership sessions monthly AND meeting with your mentees monthly
- Successful in your career (ok if retired)
- Hold a 2-year College degree; 4 year desired
- Complete monthly mentoring check-in for Athena College Program Director-Lori Severson. This is an e-mail summary of your meeting with mentees, not personal details shared in the session with your group.
- Able to use virtual video conferencing tools (Skype/Zoom etc.)
- Willing/able to flex your schedule to meet the needs of the Mentee when possible (i.e. nights/weekends). *Mentors must meet mentee either on the ASU campus or virtually.
- Open mind & willingness to relate to those that are different than you
- Live in the Phoenix Metropolitan area, or are willing to travel to the monthly events;
- Able to attend most of the monthly meetings in person at the ASU-Tempe campus.