Mentor Responsibilities once accepted
- Attend the kick-off event at Paradise Valley Community College (Sept DATE—PENDING)
- Attend the monthly trainings (3 in person rest are virtual)
- Meet with mentee(s)* minimum once per month either in person or virtually.
- Log monthly mentoring sessions within 48 hours post mentoring session. This should be a high-level summary, not personal details.
*Mentors must meet mentee either on the Paradise Valley Community College campus or virtually.
Mentor Requirements- Please review before you apply:
- Athena VOS Member 2019-2020
- Working knowledge of the Athena Leadership Principles
- Committed to supporting women in their personal leadership development
- Able to donate your time (~30 hours) over the 2019-2020 academic year including attending the mentee leadership sessions monthly AND meeting with your mentee(s) monthly
- Successful in your career
- Hold a 2-year College degree; 4 year desired
- Complete monthly mentoring log for Athena program manager
- Able to use virtual video conferencing tools (Skype/Zoom etc.)
- Willing/able to flex your schedule to meet the needs of the Mentee when possible (i.e. nights/weekends)
- Open mind & willingness to relate to those that are different than you
- Live in the Phoenix Metropolitan area, or are willing to travel to events; able to attend some meetings in person on Paradise Valley Community College